BOOT CAMP Level 1: Costumes for Theater, Cosplay and LARP
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM INBOX FOR OUR EMAILS, then add us to your address list!
Boot Camp is a 6-week course specifically designed to take you from "couch to couture!"
You will learn all the basics of sewing in just a few super fun weeks.
Students will learn basic sewing skills, pattern reading and basic fashion design techniques used in creating wearable projects (clothing and accessories). Students will also learn how to sew zippers, buttons and button holes with a sewing machine; troubleshoot tension and stitching problems; and learn to use a sewing machine proficiently. Mini lessons will include finishing seams, blind hem stitches, using a walking foot, sewing collars, creating interior pockets. NOTE: Projects may change without notice but will still exercise all the basic skills covered for each camp.
What you get for $299
1. Small, personalized classes with patient, experienced instruction (reg. $35/hr; valued at $630)
2. Unlimited Open Studio time (reg. @ $10/hr; valued up to as much as $360)
3. All patterns used for projects (up to $20 retail each = $80)
4. Use of all studio machines, measuring and cutting tools, and supplies (up to $200 retail)
5. TOTAL RETAIL VALUE: $1270
NOTE: Fabric is NOT included in the price of your camp.
This is a sewing course is designed for the beginning sewist with very little or no sewing experience. The course is 15 hours in total divided up between 6 weekly classes. Each class is project-oriented and each student will take home 4-5 different sewing projects as they complete them in class.
How many projects you complete will depend on, but is not limited to:
The pace at which you work
Attending all classes
How much experience you have
How much you work during open studio and at home on your own
PROJECTS: (subject to change without notice):
1. PETTICOAT. Skills: Sewing machine basics, body measurement, buttonholes and gathering.
2.PEASANT PANTS.Skills: Basic pattern drafting, gathering, making a casing, working with elastic.
3. LADIES' BLOUSE/CHEMISE. Skills: Several gathering techniques, fitting sleeve to an armscye.
4. CLOAK. Skills: Sewing a zipper, how to line an unlined garment.
5. MENS SHIRT. Skills: Working with a commercial pattern, implementing prior skills such as sewing buttons and buttonholes with a sewing machine, gathering, fitting sleeves,